The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 was introduced by the Government to regulate the processing of personal data in commercial transactions. The Act, which applies to all companies and firms that are established in Malaysia, requires us to inform you of your rights in respect of your personal data that is being processed or that is to be collected and further processed by us and the purposes for the data processing. GenBijakdotMy Sdn Bhd (1201928-X) (“GenBijak”), together with its subsidiaries, affiliates and related corporations (collectively, “GenBijakdotMy Sdn Bhd”, and any reference to “GenBijak”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this Privacy Notice shall include any member of the GenBijakdotMy Sdn Bhd) is committed to the protection of your personal data. This Privacy Notice explains how the GenBijak collects and processes your personal data in accordance with the Act.
The personal data and other information (collectively, “Personal Data”) which you provide or have provided for the use of the GenBijak websites and, if relevant, for the use of, or subscription to, or purchase of GenBijak services and/or products, including any additional information you may subsequently provide, may be used and processed by us for the following purposes:-
Further, please be informed that if required for any of the foregoing Purposes, your Personal Data may be transferred to locations outside Malaysia or disclosed to any member of the GenBijakdotMy Sdn Bhd, licensees, business partners and/or service providers, who may be located within or outside Malaysia. Save for the foregoing, your Personal Data will not be knowingly transferred to any place outside Malaysia or be knowingly disclosed to any third party. The GenBijakdotMy Sdn Bhd maintains your Personal Data in our business records while you remain a subscriber, customer or user of any of our products and/or services or a user of the GenBijak websites. We also maintain your Personal Data for a period of time after you are no longer a subscriber, customer or user of any of our products and/or services or a user of the GenBijak websites if the Personal Data is necessary for the Purposes for which the Personal Data was collected or to fulfil legal requirements. In order to process your Personal Data, your consent is required. In most instances, it is necessary for us to process your Personal Data in order to provide the service that you had requested for. However, you may limit the processing of your Personal Data in the manner described in the paragraph below.
In relation to direct marketing, you may request by written notice (in accordance with the following paragraph) that we do not process your Personal Data for any of the following purposes: (i) advertising or marketing via phone any product or service of the relevant member of the GenBijakdotMy Sdn Bhd or our business partners, (ii) sending to you via post any advertising or marketing material relating to any product or service of the relevant member of the GenBijakdotMy Sdn Bhd or our business partners; (iii) sending to you via email or SMS any advertising or marketing material relating to any product or service of the relevant member of the GenBijakdotMy Sdn Bhd or our business partners, or (iv) communicating to you by whatever means any advertising or marketing material of the relevant member of the GenBijakdotMy Sdn Bhd or our business partners.
You may at any time hereafter make inquiries, complaints and, upon payment of a prescribed fee, request in writing for access to, or correction of, your Personal Data or limit the processing of your Personal Data (as described above) by submitting such request to the Personal Data Protection Officer via registered post or (if you are a subscriber to GenBijak mailing list) email (which must be sent from the email address registered with GenBijakdotMy Sdn Bhd) as set out below :
Postal: Pegawai Perlindungan Data Peribadi GenBijakdotMy Sdn Bhd C-06-15, The Street Mall, One South, Taman Serdang Perdana, Jalan OS, 43300 Seri Kembangan, Selangor
If you are a past subscriber, customer or user of any of our products and/or services, kindly be informed that we will continue to process your Personal Data in accordance with this Privacy Notice unless we hear otherwise from you. You may exercise your rights in respect of your Personal Data in the manner described above. This Privacy Notice may be amended at any time from time to time. Any amendment to this Privacy Notice shall be published on the GenBijak websites or by other means as we deem fit. Your continued usage of any of our products and/or services or of the GenBijak websites shall be deemed to be your agreement to the said amendment of this Privacy Notice.
Akta Perlindungan Data Peribadi 2010 telah diperkenalkan oleh pihak Kerajaan untuk mengawal selia pemprosesan data dalam transaksi komersial. Akta ini, yang merangkumi semua syarikat-syarikat dan firma-firma yang ditubuhkan di Malaysia, mewajibkan kami memaklumkan anda berkenaan hak-hak anda berkaitan data peribadi anda yang sedang diproses atau yang akan dikumpulkan dan yang akan diproses oleh pihak kami serta maksud-maksud bagi pemprosesan data tersebut. GenBijakdotMy Sdn Bhd (1201928-X), berserta anak-anak syarikat, perbadanan-perbadanan berkaitan dan syarikat-syarikat bersekutu (secara kesuluruhan, “GenBijakdotMy Sdn Bhd”, dan apa-apa rujukan kepada “GenBijak” atau “kami” di dalam Notis Privasi ini akan merangkumi mana-mana ahli GenBijakdotMy Sdn Bhd) berkesungguhan terhadap pengawalan data peribadi anda. Notis Privasi ini menjelaskan bagaimana GenBijakdotMy Sdn Bhd mengumpul dan memproses data peribadi anda selaras dengan Akta berkenaan.
Data peribadi dan maklumat selainnya (secara keseluruhan, “Data Peribadi”) yang anda berikan atau telah berikan bagi penggunaan laman-laman web GenBijak dan, jika relevan, untuk penggunaan, atau langganan, atau pembelian, perkhidmatan dan/atau produk GenBijak, termasuk apa-apa maklumat tambahan yang mungkin anda berikan kemudian, bakal digunakan dan diproses oleh pihak kami bagi maksud-maksud berikut:-
⦁ untuk mempertimbangkan dan memproses permintaan anda terhadap produk-produk dan/atau perkhidmatan-perkhidmatan kami; ⦁ untuk memastikan identiti dan latarbelakang anda; ⦁ mempertimbangkan permohonan anda untuk mendaftar bagi penggunaan laman-laman web GenBijak; ⦁ mempertimbangkan permohonan langganan anda; ⦁ untuk berhubung dengan anda; ⦁ untuk memberi khidmat kepada anda; ⦁ untuk memproses transaksi-transaksi pembayaran; ⦁ untuk menjawab pertanyaan-pertanyaan anda; ⦁ untuk mentadbir penyertaan anda di dalam pertandingan-pertandingan; ⦁ untuk melaksanakan kegiatan-kegiatan dalaman; ⦁ penyiasatan dalaman, pematuhan, audit atau tujuan-tujuan keselamatan termasuk, tanpa had, pengesanan jenayah penghindaran jenayah dan pendakwaan; ⦁ tinjauan pasaran dan analisis kecenderungan; ⦁ untuk memberi anda maklumat tentang produk-produk dan perkhidmatan-perkhidmatan GenBijakdotMy Sdn Bhd; ⦁ untuk memberi anda maklumat tentang produk-produk dan perkhidmatan-perkhidmatan rakan-rakan perniagaan kami; ⦁ kegiatan-kegiatan perniagaan GenBijakdotMy Sdn Bhd selainnya yang sah; ⦁ maksud-maksud selainnya seperti yang termaktub di dalam Terma-Terma Penggunaan laman-laman web GenBijak; dan/atau ⦁ jika relevan, maksud-maksud selainnya seperti yang termaktub di dalam Terma-Terma dan Syarat-Syarat Am dan, jika terpakai, Terma-Terma dan Syarat-Syarat Kempen. (secara keseluruhan, “Maksud-Maksud”)
Seterusnya, sila maklum bahawa sekiranya diperlukan bagi mana-mana Maksud-Maksud yang dinyatakan di atas, Data Peribadi anda mungkin dihantar ke lokasi-lokasi di luar Malaysia atau dizahirkan kepada mana-mana ahli GenBijakdotMy Sdn Bhd, pemegang lesen, rakan perniagaan dan/atau pemberi khidmat, yang mungkin berada di dalam atau luar Malaysia. Selain dari yang dinyatakan di sini, Data Peribadi anda tidak akan, dengan sedarinya, dipindahkan ke mana-mana tempat di luar Malaysia atau dizahirkan ke mana-mana pihak ketiga. GenBijakdotMy Sdn Bhd menyimpan Data Peribadi anda di dalam rekod perniagaan kami selagi anda seorang pengguna laman-laman web GenBijak dan/atau seorang pelanggan atau pengguna apa-apa produk dan/atau perkhidmatan GenBijak. Kami juga menyimpan Data Peribadi anda untuk jangkamasa tertentu selepas anda tidak lagi seorang pengguna laman-laman web GenBijak dan/atau seorang pelanggan atau pengguna apa-apa produk dan/atau perkhidmatan GenBijak sekiranya Data Peribadi berkenaan diperlukan untuk Maksud-Maksud Data Peribadi berkenaan dikumpul dan/atau bagi memenuhi kehendak undang-undang. Untuk memproses Data Peribadi anda, persetujuan anda diperlukan. Di dalam kebanyakan situasi, adalah menjadi keperluan bagi kami untuk memproses Data Peribadi anda untuk menyediakan perkhidmatan yang diminta oleh anda. Walau bagaimanpun, sekiranya anda ingin menghadkan pemprosesan Data Peribadi anda, anda boleh berbuat demikian seperti yang dinyatakan di dalam perenggan di bawah.
Sehubungan dengan pemasaran langsung, anda boleh meminta secara notis bertulis (seperti yang diperuntukkan di dalam perenggan seterusnya) agar kami tidak memproses Data Peribadi anda bagi mana-mana maksud-maksud berikut: (i) pengiklanan atau pemasaran menerusi telefon produk atau perkhidmatan ahli GenBijakdotMy Sdn Bhd yang berkenaan atau rakan-rakan perniagaan kami, (ii) mengirim kepada anda menerusi pos bahan pengiklanan atau pemasaran ahli GenBijakdotMy Sdn Bhd yang berkenaan atau rakan-rakan perniagaan kami, (iii) menghantar menerusi emel atau sistem pesanan ringkas (SMS) bahan pengiklanan atau pemasaran ahli GenBijakdotMy Sdn Bhd yang berkenaan atau rakan-rakan perniagaan kami; atau (iv) berkomunikasi dengan anda menerusi apa cara sekali pun apa-apa bahan pengiklanan atau pemasaran ahli GenBijakdotMy Sdn Bhd yang berkenaan atau rakan-rakan perniagaan kami.
Anda boleh pada bila-bila masa selepas ini mengemukakan pertanyaan, aduan dan tertakluk kepada pembayaran fi yang ditetapkan, meminta secara bertulis, akses kepada, dan pembetulan terhadap, Data Peribadi anda atau menghadkan pemprosesan Data Peribadi anda seperti yang dinyatakan di perenggan di atas dengan menghantar permintaan berkenaan kepada Pegawai Perlindungan Data Peribadi menerusi pos berdaftar atau (sekiranya anda seorang pelanggan perkhidmatan emel GenBijak) emel (yang perlu dikirimkan daripada alamat emel yang telah didaftarkan dengan GenBijakdotMy Sdn Bhd) seperti yang dinyatakan di bawah:
Alamat pos: Pegawai Perlindungan Data Peribadi GenBijakdotMy Sdn Bhd C-06-15, The Street Mall, One South, Taman Serdang Perdana, Jalan OS, 43300 Seri Kembangan, Selangor
Jika anda seorang bekas pelanggan atau bekas pengguna apa-apa produk dan/atau perkhidmatan kami, harap maklum bahawa kami akan terus memproses Data Peribadi anda sebagaimana dinyatakan di dalam Notis Privasi ini melainkan jika kami menerima bantahan anda. Anda boleh melaksanakan hak-hak anda berkenaan dengan Data Peribadi anda sepertimana dinyatakan di atas. Notis Privasi ini mungkin dipinda pada bila-bila masa dan dari semasa ke semasa. Sebarang pindaan akan dinyatakan di dalam laman-laman web GenBijak atau menerusi kaedah lain yang kami anggap sesuai. Penggunaan berterusan apa-apa produk dan/atau perkhidmatan kami atau laman-laman web GenBijak akan dianggap sebagai persetujuan anda terhadap pindaan tersebut.
2. CHANGES Our Policy may change from time to time. As a result, at times it may be necessary for us to make changes to this Policy. We reserve the right to update, revise or modify this Policy at any time and from time to time without prior notice. Please review this policy periodically, and especially before you provide us any of your Personal Data. This Policy was last updated on the date indicated above. Your continued use of the Services after any changes, revisions or modifications to this Policy shall indicate your agreement with the terms of such revised Policy.
3. PARENTAL ADVISORY ONE OR MORE OF OUR SERVICES ARE NOT CATERED TO USER UNDER THE AGE OF 18 AS OUR SERVICES MAY PROVIDE ACCESS TO MUSIC OR OTHER CONTENT THAT CONTAINS EXPLICIT CONTENT INCLUDING USE OF PROFANE LANGUAGE AND/OR SEXUAL REFERENCES. IF YOU ARE, PLEASE OBTAIN YOUR PARENT/GUARDIAN’S PERMISSION BEFORE USING AND/OR ACCESSING OUR SERVICES. PLEASE DO NOT PROVIDE US WITH YOUR PERSONAL DATA UNLESS YOU HAVE OBTAINED PERMISSION FROM YOUR PARENT/GUARDIAN. PARENTAL DISCRETION IS ADVISED FOR ALL USERS BELOW 18. WE ENCOURAGE PARENT/GUARDIAN TO MONITOR THEIR CHILDREN’S INTERNET USAGE AND TO HELP ENFORCE OUR POLICY BY INSTRUCTING THEIR CHILDREN NEVER TO PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA THROUGH THE SERVICE WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION. IF YOU HAVE REASON TO BELIEVE THAT A CHILD UNDER THE AGE OF 18 HAS PROVIDED PERSONAL DATA TO US THROUGH OUR SERVICES, PLEASE CONTACT US AND WE WILL ENDEAVOUR TO DELETE THAT INFORMATION FROM OUR DATABASE. OTHERWISE ALL PERSONAL DATA PROVIDED BY A USER SHALL BE DEEMED TO HAVE BEEN SUBMITTED BY A USER ABOVE 18 OR HAS OBTAINED THE RELEVANT PERMISSION FROM THEIR PARENT/GUARDIAN.
4. THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT a. PERSONAL DATA THAT YOU PROVIDE TO US. We collect Personal Data (such as name, gender, postal address, birthdate, telephone number, facsimile number, email address, credit/debit card information, photos etc.) when you voluntarily provide such information to us as and when required. b. INFORMATION WE GET FROM YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICES. When you interact with us through the Services, we may collect or receive and store certain personally non-identifiable information. Such information is collected passively using various technologies and cannot presently be used to specifically identify you. This information includes:- ⦁ device-specific information such as hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, memory, sound card data, IP address. ⦁ cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. This is described in detailed below. ⦁ details of how you use our services such as your search queries. ⦁ total number of visitors using our Services, the number of visitors to each page of our Services, ⦁ how our users use and interact with our Services. As an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the users of the Services, We often conduct research on its customer demographics, interests and behavior based on the Personal Data and other information provided to us. This research may be compiled and analysed on an aggregate basis. We may share this non-identifiable and aggregate data with our affiliates, agents and business partners but this type of non-identifiable and aggregate does not identify you personally. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
5. USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND INFORMATION We use the Personal Data you provide in a manner that is consistent with this Policy. If you provide Personal Data for certain reason, we may use the Personal Data in connection with the reason for which it was provided. Your Personal Data and Information may also be used by us, our affiliates or Authorised Third Parties for the following reasons:- ⦁ For the purposes of technical administration of the Services; ⦁ For research and development; ⦁ Statistical analysis; ⦁ Customer administration; ⦁ Profiling services preferences; ⦁ Finance and marketing operations and activities and/or as required in the provision of our services including but not limited to credit control services; ⦁ In compliance with any regulatory, statutory or legal obligation imposed on us by any relevant authority; ⦁ To operate and provide the Services to you; ⦁ To support your questions about the use of the Services; ⦁ To detect and prevent fraudulent activity; ⦁ To provide other goods and services by Us or its designated representatives and/or business partners to you or parties designated by you and matters ancillary thereto; ⦁ To verify and process payment when you use the Services; ⦁ To verify and record your personal particulars including comparing it with information from other sources and using the information to communicate with you; ⦁ To conduct market research of the users of the Services including the number of users, the frequency of use, profile of users and using such analysis for our business plans, the enhancement of our products and services, targeted advertisements and conveying such information in broad aggregate terms to third parties who have or propose to have business dealings with Digital Five; ⦁ To send you information, promotions and updates including marketing and advertising materials in relation to our goods and services and those of third party organizations selected by Us; If we intend on using any Personal Data in any manner that is not consistent with this Policy, you will be informed of such anticipated use prior to or at the time at which the Personal Data is collected.
6. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION We are not in the business of selling your information. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. As such we will not sell or rent your Personal Data save and except as provided herein. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your Personal Data with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below.
Business Transfer. As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Data may be part of the transferred assets. GenBijakdotMy Sdn Bhd. We may also share your Personal Data with GenBijakdotMy Sdn Bhd for purposes consistent with this Policy.
Authorised Third Party. Where services from such Authorised Third Party is required, we will share your Personal Data on a strictly confidential basis. Authorised Third Party will not be allowed to use your personal information disclosed to them except for the limited purpose of providing the particular service.
7. THIRD PARTY SERVICES Our Services may provide a link or a platform to third party applications, websites and/or services to make available certain Services to you (“Third Party Services”). This Third Party Services may contain, from time to time, links to other web sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites or of any third party. You should review the privacy policies of such Third Party Services. This Policy applies solely to information collected by our Services.
8. COOKIES What is a Cookie? When you use our Services, your Device will automatically be issued with a cookie. Cookies are text files that are placed in your Device’s hard drive to identify your Device to our server. Generally, cookies themselves only record those areas of the site that have been visited by the Device in question, and the duration. Many websites and/or Software Application do this whenever a user visits their site in order to track traffic flow. Depending upon the type of Device you are using, you may set your Device to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these, of course, means that certain personalised Services cannot then be provided to you.Cookies:- We use “cookies” to store and track information about you and your use of our Services. Our cookie and information retrieved from our cookie is used in line with the uses set out in in this Policy and more specifically: to help save and retrieve passwords used on our Services. This way, you will not have to re-enter information upon every new visit to our Services. to track information such as the frequency and duration of your use of our Services, your click-stream as you go through our Services, your preferred sites, and help us determine whether you came to our Services from a particular Internet link or banner advertisement; to analyse the profile of visitors and users to helps us in providing you with better Services and to enhance our Services; to personalize the content, banners and promotions that you will see on our Services. Most cookies are “session cookies,” meaning that they are automatically deleted from your Device at the end of a session. You are always free to decline cookies if your Device permits, although in that case you may not be able to use certain features of our Services and you may be required to re-enter your password more frequently during a session.
Third Party Cookies: We may use other third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you access and/or use of Services. In the course of serving advertisements, our third-party advertisers may place or recognize a unique cookie in your Device. These companies may use information retrieved from their cookies to provide advertisements on our Services and other services about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
9. OPTING-OUT, CHANGE, UPDATE OF AND ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION You may be able to access and/or use our Services without providing us any Personal Data. If you choose not to provide any Personal Data, you may not be able to access and/or use certain Services.
However, when you choose to provide us with such Personal Data, we may also use your Personal Data and Information to contact you in the future to tell you about our services we believe will be of interest to you. If we do so, each communication we sent you will contain instructions permitting you to “opt-out” of receiving future marketing communications. In addition, if at any time you wish not to receive any future communications or you wish to have your name deleted from our mailing lists, please contact us or you may opt-out by replying UNSUBCRIBE in the subject line in the email sent or by emailing us.
You can write to us via firstname.lastname@example.org at any time to obtain details of the Personal Data we hold about you. Please quote your name, address,. It would be helpful if you also provide brief details of what information you want a copy of. We may charge a reasonable sum permitted by existing laws to cover our administration costs. We reserve the right to refuse to provide our Users with a copy of their Personal Data, but will give reasons for our refusal.
We have implemented security policies, rules and technical measures to protect your Personal Data from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification, unlawful destruction or accidental loss. All our employees and data processors, who have access to and are associated with the processing of Personal Data, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your information.
While we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur; we make reasonable efforts to prevent such unfortunate occurrences. Personal Data that we collect from you will be stored and backed up securely in an environmentally-controlled location. Only authorized people with user ID and password from our company have access to the information. You must remember to log off after accessing and/or using our Services and/or close the browser window after use so that no unauthorized party can have access. You must not, at any time, divulge your Personal Data to any third party.
It may be necessary to transfer your personal information to other group companies or services providers located in countries outside Malaysia. This may happen where the Authorised Third Parties are based outside Malaysia or where you use our Services and/or Services from countries outside Malaysia. By continuing usage of our Service and access to our Services, you hereby consented to such transfer.
12. CONTACTING THE WEBSITE If you have any questions about this Policy or your dealings with the Services, please write to: email@example.com